You know how Facebook now shows you your “Year in Review”? It got me thinking about how easy it is to forget all of the little and big things you really accomplish in a year. When you’re stuck in the day to day, sometimes you can get into a pattern of beating yourself up and forget that you are in fact moving forward and growing after all.
TOP 15 LIST of ACCOMPLISHMENTS 2013
- Quit Smoking after 15 years (9 months and counting!)
- Got a new job
- Bought a brand new car
- Became a Certified Personal Trainer
- Hit a milestone for bench squat weight
- Redid my kitchen and basement DIY style 🙂
- Had a blast with my college roomate who i hadn’t seen in 10 years
- Spent part of the summer with my sister and niece
- Visited Portland with the help of a new friend
- Fell in and out of love more times than i can count
- Made 2 true friends
- Reconnected with my family
- Saw Maroon 5 thanks to my mom’s ability to win tickets for anything from the radio 🙂
- Started a blog that I care about and managed to have people follow it (thank you!!)
- Have begun to love who I am warts and all and accept other people as they are too
When I looked at the list I thought, wow I really don’t give myself enough credit or see the whole picture. I’m way too often bogged down by negative feelings like there’s some dark cloud over my head.
So, on the heels of my TOP 15 LIST (see below), I’m going to go into this New Year with another kind of list and a whole other focus. I don’t want to let another year go by without noticing and appreciating the positive impact I’m making in my life and the lives of others. I don’t want to wait until the end of it to enjoy it.
I’m letting go of my negative attitude and going to do everything I can to pay attention and acknowledge the positives.
TOP 15 GOALS FOR 2014
- Write down my gratitude list daily
- Repeat my positive affirmations consistently
- Develop my personal training business into a big success
- Improve all my relationships
- Eat healthy
- Exercise daily
- Meditate daily
- Smile no matter what
- Acknowledge my unique talents & love myself better
- Open up & risk trusting myself and others again
- Laugh everyday
- Follow my passions relentlessly, no matter how many times I may fail, get back up
- Take a trip overseas
- Assist those in need
- Love like my life depends on it 🙂
As you go into this New Year, what do you want to say goodbye to and what do you want to open the door to?
Happy New Year from aneternaltraveler 😉